To view a preliminary list of the fall 2020 lectures available for auditing click on the pdf link below. Please note that these classes will be updated in mid-August. updated_fall_2020_virtual_lecture_list.pdf
Fall 2020 Lecture List updates:
All classes will be held virtually this fall.
Class Location Information
Classroom locations will be posted on the Registrar's website approximately one week before classes begin. We highly recommend that you check your class location before going to class, as the room may change rooms during the first week of class. You must know the course code to find your classroom, for example ABC101.
How to find your classroom
- Click on Registrar's to be taken to the Registrar's site
- Click the drop down menu and choose the department that you are searching for
- Click search
- All the classes for that department will be available on the screen
- Use the course number to find your class
- The building and room number will be listed in the Location column
Canvas is a new learning management system that is being used along with Blackboard. If you are enrolled in a class that uses Canvas you will get access to the site. Canvas will not be active until classes have begun.
Technical Requirements for Canvas
For the best user experience, you should always use the most current version of your preferred browser.
· Canvas supports current and major releases of browsers such as:
· Chrome 83 and 84
· Firefox 77 and 78 (Extended Releases are not supported*)
· Edge 83 and 84
· Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
· Safari 12 and 13 (Macintosh only)
· Some browser plugins or extensions may conflict with Canvas and affect functionality. In particular, we have noticed that some users have had issues with Safari.
Blackboard is an online site where course information such as the course syllabus, announcements, and reading assignments are posted for students. If you are an enrolled community auditor and your professor uses Blackboard you may have access to this site. Blackboard will not be active until classes have begun.
Technical requirements for Blackboard
The Blackboard environment is designed to function with modern browsers on both desktop and mobile environments.
Blackboard supports current and major releases of browsers such as:
· Safari (Macintosh OS only)
Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer is not a supported browser and will not function properly with Blackboard. When accessing Blackboard from a Windows computer, the use of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge is strongly encouraged.
Mobile access and apps
Blackboard App (for students):
Need a refresher on how to use Blackboard? Watch our video tutorial below and learn how to login and understand your course information.
How to login to Blackboard
- To login in to the Blackboard Website you will need your CAP username and password.
- Once at the site, choose the second login option "other". You will then be directed to the login page.
- In the box titled: Blackboard ID: Type "au_" followed by your CAP username. For example: au_MarySmith
- In the box titled: Password: Type in your CAP password. The password is case sensitive.
Auditors are not required to purchase books for class. Those who wish to purchase the books are welcome to do so after the first week of classes. Labyrinth Books offers a 10% discount to Community Auditors. They are located at 122 Nassau Street, Princeton. To receive the discount just tell the cashier that you are a Community Auditor.
All the libraries on campus are open to the public with the exception of Firestone Library and Marquand Library. Community auditors do not receive access privileges beyond those available to the public. Privileges may be purchased for a fee from the Access Office in Firestone Library. For more information about access privileges and library hours, please visit the library website.