The application deadlines for 2018 - 2019 academic year are:
Fall Term 18-19
- Friday, June 1, 2018
- fall courses will be posted on the Registrar's website April 5, 2018
Spring Term 18-19
- Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- spring courses will be available on the Registrar's website early November
How to apply:
The application fee is $50. The re-application fee is $25. These fees are non-refundable.
Download the letter of recommendation waiver.pdf (PDF). Two typed current letters of academic reference are required along with a Letter of Recommendation Waiver for each reference. Print and complete two copies the Letter of Recommendation Waiver. One signed waiver form should be sent to each of the people who will be writing your recommendation. The person should submit the waiver with their typed recommendation letter. Sealed references and waivers should be mailed to the Office of Community and Regional Affairs, Princeton University, 4 Mercer Street, Princeton, NJ 08540. We do not accept faxed or emailed references.
The readmission form (PDF) may be submitted online or in paper form. Both are accepted.
Application Materials Must Include:
- completed application with biographical and educational information, statement of academic purpose and proposed course selection
- official transcripts (sealed by the sending institution)of all undergraduate and graduate work should be mailed to the Continuing Education Office, 4 Mercer Street, Princeton, NJ 08540- faxed or emailed copies are not accepted
- results of any standardized tests taken (SAT, TOEFL, ACT, CLEP, GRE) optional, not required
- two current letters of academic reference that comment in detail on the applicant's academic potential should be mailed to the Continuing Education Office, 4 Mercer Street, Princeton, NJ 08540- faxed or emailed copies are not accepted
- full-time K-12 New Jersey teachers must submit a letter from their principal or superintendent confirming employment
A brief interview with the director of the Program in Continuing Education may be required for first-time applicants to the program. You will be notified if an interview is necessary.
Once a continuing education student has registered, there is a $50 withdrawal fee prior to the first day of classes. If a student withdraws after the first day of classes the refund is prorated; refer to the “Payment of Fees and Charges” section in the "Undergraduate Announcement" for details.
Class offerings are listed on the Registrar's website. To view a list of course offerings for the upcoming term visit the registrar's page.